Windows 7 Setup Instructions
- Click the "Windows Flag" in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click "Control Panel ".
- Pull down the "View by:" menu in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select "Large icons" or "Small icons".
- Double click on the "Internet Options" icon.
- Click on the "Connections" tab at the top.
- Click on "Add.." and follow the instructions.
- Click on "Dial up"
- Be sure to use the user name and password issued by Show-Me Net.
- Use the number below that is a local call for your area:
|| Jackson 204-0040
Marble Hill 238-1414
Ste. Genevieve 535-2020
- Change the "Connection name" from "Dial up Connection to
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE LINE PLUGGED IN!!!
- Click "Connect"
My computer does not dial.
In Internet Explorer, click on: Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab. Click the dot next to “Always dial my default connection”. Make sure your Show-Me Net connection name is followed by (default)
I get a error when connecting
1. Try re-entering the correct password. Remember that passwords are case sensitive.
2. Check your user name. A common mistake is that members enter their e-mail address here. You should enter only your user name without the "@showme.net".
3. If you still can’t connect, try dialing in 3 or 4 times and then call the Help Desk, 204-1097. We might see error messages showing the cause of the failure.
This page last updated
November 4, 2009