Windows Vista Setup Instructions
Setting up a computer to connect with Windows Vista is easier than you might think.
- Click the “Windows Flag” in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click “Network”
- Click “Network and Sharing Center” on the top of the screen.
- Click “Set up a connection or network” on the left side of the screen.
- Select “Set up a dial-up connection”
- Click “Next”
- Enter information from your Members Information Sheet. Remember to pick a local phone number.
|| Jackson 204-0040
Marble Hill 238-1414
Ste. Genevieve 535-2020
- Enter “Show-Me Net” for the name of the connection.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE LINE PLUGGED IN!!!
- Click “Connect”
My computer does not dial.
In Internet Explorer, click on: Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab. Click the dot next to “Always dial my default connection”.
I get a error when connecting
1. Try re-entering the correct password. Remember that passwords are case sensitive.
2. Check your user name. A common mistake is that members enter their e-mail address here. You should enter only your user name without the "@showme.net".
3. If you still can’t connect, try dialing in 3 or 4 times and then call the Help Desk, 204-1097. We might see error messages showing the cause of the failure.
This page last updated
February 16, 2007